Which Cheque is Right for Me?
We carry a lot of cheques, and if this is your first time ordering, you most likely have some questions. On this page you will find the difference in cheques, along with the features they contain and recommendation for your business size. However, we can only suggest which one you buy, in the end it is up to you to think about which security features you'd like to have. If you need help at any step of the way, please contact us for help.
Standard Cheques (No Hologram)
Recommendation: Micro - Small Businesses
Store Link: Standard Cheques
Our standard cheques are perhaps the most common cheque. It gets the job done, with minimal security features.
- Warning Boarder - Serves as a detterant - stating that the cheque comes with security features.
- Microprinted Borders - Tiny type in border on front will fill in when scanned or photocopied.
- Background Pattern - Deters photocopying attempts.
- Original Document Backer - Original document screening deters cut-and-paste alteration attempts.
Basic/Business Security Cheques(Gold Hologram)
Recommendation: Small - Medium Businesses
Store Link:Business Security Cheques
Business Security Cheques are common amongst our small to medium sized clients. When cheques are traveling from multiple people or if you are printing a higher quantity of cheques, the security features here will give you peace of mind. Coming with all the features of our standard cheques, the business security cheque adds the following:
- Microprinting-Tiny type in border on front will fill in when scanned or photocopied.
- Fibres & Security Ink-Coloured fibres on front are visible only under black light. Security Screen-"ORIGINAL DOCUMENT" text & weave pattern visible on back.
- LineMark Paper-Patented fibre disruption process. Chemical Protection-Special chemical indicators in the paper appear as stains if exposed to common ink solvents.
- TonerFuse Coating - Anchors dry toner images to resist alteration.
- HOLOGRAM - Multicolour reflective marker fused to each cheque.
High Security Cheques (Platinum Hologram)
Recommendation: Medium - Large Businesses, Enterprise Businesses
Store Link: High Security Cheques
Our High Security Cheques are common amongs International Clients operating out of Canada.
- High-Security Background Colors - Copiers and scanners cannot duplicate these green, burgundy, blue, yellow, or purple background colors.
- Thermochromic Red Ink Ink reacts to heat to deter and detect copying. Holding between thumb and forefinger, the ink will disappear on a legitimate check, validating its authenticity.
- Anti-Copy Technology - Makes check very difficult to reproduce on the majority of today’s copiers.
- True Watermark - Watermark pressed into paper can be seen by holding the check up to a light source but cannot be reproduced by copiers or scanners.
- Mobile/Remote - Deposit Reminder Track and date deposits made via mobile device to prevent depositing cheques twice.
- Chemical-Wash Detection Area - Chemical alteration attempts result in speckling or stains in this lock area.
- Original Document Backer - Original document screening deters cut-andpaste alteration attempts.
Also includes these security features:
- Chemical-sensitive paper
- Consecutive numbering
- Invisible fluorescent fibers
- Microprinted borders
- Visible fibers
- Toner adhesion
- Padlock icon
- Security warning box
- Warning border
- High-resolution border elements
- Colored pantograph background design
As you can see, there are many options available when ordering business cheques. While we cannot tell you the exact needs for your business we can suggest our most common cheque: WSS9085 - Security Business Cheque. This is our fastest moving business cheque, one that our customers are satisfied with and looks very professional. It is ideal for small-medium businesses using SAGE, MYOB®, ACCPAC®, ERP, BUSINESSVISION® 32, ABACUS II®, EASYPAY®, JONAS®, LONEWOLF. If you have any questions, please contact us. We would love to help you.